I love the three layers that bake up - a flaky, crispy layer on the bottom, a fudgy layer in the center, and a nutty layer on top. Perfect for a game night gathering or church potluck! Please enjoy!
Fudgy Cookie Bars
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in cold butter pieces with a pastry blender or 2 forks until crumbly. Press mixture onto bottom of a 13- x 9-inch pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove pan, and place on a wire rack.
3. Stir together condensed milk, vanilla, and 1 cup chocolate morsels in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until smooth. Pour mixture evenly over prepared crust, spreading to edges of the pan. Sprinkle with chopped pecans or walnuts and remaining chocolate morsels.
4. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour or until completely cool.
Note: Store bars in airtight containers up to 1 week. You may also freeze bars up to 1 month.
Southern Living, APRIL 2007